For the full story:
http://m.wave3.com/wave/db/336805/content/djhrj3ka
Tonight on Wave3 news Dawn Gee presented a story about what the community could do in the event that their front door was old, messed up, or down right ugly. When I heard this in the corner of my ear my jaw dropped and I immediately started listening. My first thought was "Why is this story worthy of being on a televised news station?"
I went online to try and find the link to the story I read the story online as well. This story went against the yardstick of journalism, news worthiness. For a story to be news worthy it needs to be relevant to the area as well as relevant to the majority of the audience. Although the story was relevant to the area, it does NOT effect the majority of the audience.
For starters, not everyone's front door needs to be fixed, the majority of people have those kind of problems handled. Also, the time it took for the news anchors to present the story could've been used on a more important, more relevant story. To conclude I feel that this story is better off being an online feature instead of a top story on television.
No comments:
Post a Comment